Sat, Oct 07|
Watercolor Sketching in Morgan Hill: Unleash Your Lines!- Rescheduled
Led by local artist, Suma CM. Students will be able to capture our beloved town using watercolor! This workshop is perfect for all skill sets! Registration is now Closed.
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2023, 11:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Colibri Gallery, 17505 Monterey Hwy, Morgan Hill, CA 95037, USA
About the Event
Registration is now closed.
Watercolor Sketching in Morgan Hill: Unleash Your Lines!
Date: Saturday, Oct 7th, 2023
Time: From 11:30am-3 pm
Student Capacity: Min: 6 | Max: 10
Skill Set: All skill sets welcome!
About the Workshop:
Get loose and gestural with this high-energy urban sketching workshop! Through a series of exercises designed to build confidence and speed, we’ll explore various styles of mark-making with pen, pencil, and watercolor to interpret and capture the energy of downtown. You'll learn to capture the sense of place through expressive line and juicy color.
Topics that we’ll cover:
- Choosing a subject without getting overwhelmed
- Use dynamic lines to capture a scene
- Take advantage of texture to add a sense of place
- Splash watercolor loosely and add sparkle to the sketch
Class will meet first at Colibri Gallery at 11:20 am - 17505 Monterey Rd. Morgan Hill, CA
After introductions, students will go out and explore the immediate area. Bring a bag lunch (or grab a bite to go at the farmer’s market). Dress in layers; bring a hat, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Materials to bring:
- Mixed media/watercolor paper sketchbook, at least 5x8 in size (any brand, e.g., Stillman & Birn Beta, Moleskine Watercolor, Strathmore Mixed Media or Watercolor)
- Small portable watercolor pan kit, with water container and brushes
- Waterproof fineliner (any brand, e.g., Pigma Micron, Sharpie Pen, Uniball); sketching pencils (2B or softer)
- [Optional] Portable folding stool
About the Artist:
Suma CM is an award-winning artist and instructor who enjoys working in watercolor, oil, and other media. She has been a two-time faculty member at the Plein Air Convention and has taught several sketching/painting workshops in the Bay Area and online. She serves as an Advisory Board member for the nonprofit Urban Sketchers and previously was on its Executive Board.
Sketching in Morgan Hill$95.00Sold Out
This event is sold out